TRANSFER STATION HOURS OF OPERATION:
Effective Apr 1
Effective Nov 1
|CADOTTE LAKE||MON||10:00AM – 2:00 PM||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|PT NW-16-86-15-W5M||THURS||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|LITTLE BUFFALO||TUES||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|PT SE-15-86-14-W5M||FRI||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|HARMON VALLEY||MON||4:00 PM – 8:00 PM||3:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|PT NW-31-81-18-W5M||THURS||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|RENO||TUES||4:00 PM – 8:00 PM||3:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|PT NW-1-81-20-W5M||FRI||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|MARIE REINE||WED||4:00 PM – 8:00 PM||3:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|PT NW-36-81-22-W5M||SAT||4:00 PM – 8:00 PM||3:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|NAMPA||MON||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|PT-SE-19-81-20-W5M||WED||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|SAT||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
For the location of all transfer stations please see the map
NOTE: HERBICIDE CONTAINERS ONLY ACCEPTED AT NAMPA AND THE PEACE REGIONAL WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANY LANDFILL SITE.
NOTE: Fluorescent Ballasts and Tubes are ONLY accepted at the Peace River ECO Centre.
Inquiries related to the Landfill and Transfer Stations please call (780) 624-4182.
TRANSFER STATION WASTE ACCEPTANCE
Transfer stations will accept:
- Residential household waste (bagged kitchen garbage)
- Residential yard/garden waste
- Miscellaneous furniture (mattresses, couches, vacuums, etc.)
- Small amounts of wood (10-15 pieces or half pick up load of branches)
- Recyclable waste can be placed in the recycle bins (for example – newspaper, mixed paper, magazines, mixed plastics, glass and cans)
- Car and Truck tires – non-commercial (rims must be removed)
- Empty pesticide containers (triple rinsed, boxes removed – Nampa and PRWMC Landfill only)
- White Goods to be placed in the bin that is provided (for example – stoves, refrigerators, hot water tanks, dishwashers, washers, dryers and any other small metal household appliances). There is a unit charge per appliance at all sites.
- Small amounts of metals (10-15 pieces of small scrap metal. Any large amounts or big items need to go to PRWMC landfill).
WASTES THAT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Transfer stations will not accept:
- Hazardous waste
- Liquid waste or waste containing free liquid
- Waste oil and containers
- Burning or hot waste
- Medical waste
- Tires on rims
- Large amounts of wood (can be directed to PRWMC Landfill)
- Fluorescent light bulbs and ballasts (can be directed to PRWMC Eco Center)
WASTES THAT ARE ACCEPTED AT THE LANDFILL BUT NOT AT THE TRANSFER STATIONS:
- Agricultural or vehicle parts
- Large amounts of wood
- Inert demolition materials (concrete, rubble, shingles)
- Non-hazardous commercial and industrial solid waste
- Dead animals
- General metals (eave troughs, satellite dishes, wire, pails, barrels, metal siding, iron, steel, metal banding, pipe, cable, swing sets, lawnmowers, etc….)
- Construction, renovation and demolition waste (dry wall, doors, windows, carpet, etc.)
TRANSFER STATIONS OPERATORS WASTE ACCEPTANCE PROCEDURES:
Transfer station operators are to:
- Screen each refuse load received at the transfer stations to ensure that only acceptable wastes are received and refuse is placed in designated areas.
- Customers with unacceptable waste that can be accepted at the Landfill site will be directed to that location.
- Any questions or concerns can be directed to the Peace Regional Waste Management Company Landfill at (780) 624-4182.